Acceptable Use Policy
Acceptable Use Policy
Your use of the Services means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this acceptable use policy, which are incorporated into our Standard Terms and Conditions (https://www.tsg.ie/terms.php). You must comply with the spirit of this acceptable use policy as well as the letter. Words defined in our Standard Terms and Conditions shall have the same meaning in this acceptable use policy.
You may use our site or the services we provide only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site or services:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware;
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which:
- is defamatory of any person;
- is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- promotes sexually explicit material;
- promotes violence;
- promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringes any copyright, database right, trade mark or other intellectual property right of any other person;
- is likely to deceive any person;
- is made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- promotes any illegal activity;
- is threatening, abusive or invades another’s privacy, or causes annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- is likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- advertises for sale substances that are legal in law but are known to be abused;
- is used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; or gives the impression that it emanate from us if this is not the case.
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site;
The purpose of the web hosting space provided is for use with web hosting and all files uploaded or stored must comply with this requirement and be visible and accessible to end users visiting the web site or domain.
Linux hosting plans may not consume more than 1) 25% of any one CPU core; 2) 512Mb of RAM; 3) 100 website connections; 4) 100 active processes; 5) 1MB/s disk IO. Should these resources be exceeded your web site may slow down or content may not be served until more resources are provided, which may be available for additional fees.
In the event the bandwidth, number of websites or disk space usage of your website presents a risk to the stability, performance or uptime of our servers, data storage, networking or other infrastructure we may take action to restrict the resources your website is utilising.
The web hosting space will not be used as a file storage method for purposes other than serving content for your web site and in any event may not contain the following content;
- Warez' content or content commonly known to be pirated or illegal copies of software or other works;
- MP3’s or other audio formats of copyrighted music;
- Movie downloads in any format whether complete or in part;
- Pornographic material;
- Any content that is illegal under Irish or European law;
- Image hosting scripts that allow an anonymous user to upload an image for display on another website;
- Banner advertising services for display on other websites or devices (commercial banner advertisement rotation);
- File dump/mirror scripts that allow anonymous users to upload a file for others to download;
- Commercial audio and/or video streaming;
- Push button mail scripts that allow the end user to specify recipient email addresses;
- Anonymous or bulk SMS gateways;
- Backups of content from a computer or website;
- Bittorrent trackers
- Any script that causes a degradation in the performance of our server or network environment;
Standard email services supplied with shared hosting.
Our shared and reseller hosting, also encompassing our email only hosting plans, are provided with email services and facilities. The maximum permissible emails that can be sent out in any single hour is 300 from a domain. We do not provide catch all mailboxes. Each email sent must have 250 or less recipients. Whilst our standard email services as supplied with our shared and reseller hosting plan are typically of high quality and features we do not warrant them in any way.
Note - these limits and policies do not apply to our Google GSuite or Microsoft Exchange hosting service. Customers requiring higher limits and policies or a business class email service should purchase our Google GSuite or Microsoft Exchange hosting service.
Any user who by their action or inaction and who's services are found to be sending spam emails will have their hosting suspended until such time as they confirm that they have resolved the issue. Any users who is subsequently found to be sending spam emails will have their hosting permanently suspended.
Any customer who's database service usage results in excessively high server resource utilisation to the detriment of service or to our other customers will have their database suspended pending remedial action. The onus is on the customer to monitor database space usage and take action to ensure they do not exceed their database limits. We expect that any databases will be in use with a web site and will be maintained. There should be no more than 1,000 tables per database and no more than one gigabyte of storage per database. Any service found to exceed storage limits may result in the suspension of services.
Where this occurs we will unsuspend services on request providing that remedial action is taken by the customer to return the services back within limits.
If you have a complaint then there are ways in which you can address them.
Your first port of all is an email to email@example.com with full details of your complaint. You should make sure you provide as much detail as possible including a timeline of events if applicable, the details of any of our team that you have dealt with, any relevant trouble ticket numbers and the time and date of any phone calls.
The complaint will be received and reviewed by a manager who will consider all of the information available and who may contact you to ask further questions if appropriate.
We will do everything we can to deal with any complaint raised and if we can find a way to resolve any issue to your satisfaction we will.
Changes to our acceptable use policy
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you and form part of your contract with us. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.